Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Novena - St Andrew

Saint Andrew Christmas Novena
The Novena to St. Andrew is a great way to prepare yourself for the coming of Our Lord each year.  It is prayed from November 30th, St. Andrew's Day, until Christmas, (fifteen)15 times daily.

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires (mention your intentions here), through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

I just learned of this Novena this morning, and will add this to my Christmas preparations.  This recommendation came from a family that I admire and respect for their faith, and willingness to share it!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for spreading this novena! It is my all time favorite and I know of many experiences that prove the truth in the statement "It is piously believed that whomever prays this will have their prayers answered." I LOVE all the little gifts God has given us!

    ReplyDelete